Comm Flight Line Test Set A portable unit designed for the testing of navigation instruments and communication systems.
The VIAVI IFR4000 Flight Line Test Set is designed for testing ILS, VOR, Marker Beacon, HF/VHF/UHF Communications (NAV/COMM) Systems, and ELT Short Range Emergency Beacons and 406 MHz COSPAS/ SARSAT Long Range Emergency Beacons. The menu driven functionality and guided test capability make this instrument extremely easy to use.
- Morse code provides 1-4 characters transmitted in the VOR and ILS localizer mode
- Generation of ARINC 596 selective calling tones
- Simulation of Localizer and Glideslope (CAT I, II, and III) Signals with variable DDM settings
- Accurate measurement of VHF/UHF antenna and or feeder SWR (Standing Wave Ratio)
- Simulation of marker beacon, selectable outer, middle, and inner marker tones
- Accurate measurement of 121.5/243 MHz emergency beacon transmitter frequency, output power, modulation (AM). Headphone audio output to monitor swept tone
- Accurate measurement of 406 MHz COSPAS/ SARSAT emergency beacon transmitter frequency and output power
- Decode and display all location and user protocols