With over 30 years of experience in fiber optic test equipment for field measurements and monitoring systems, VIAVI migrates its knowledge and technology to Distributed Fiber Sensing Applications.
Based on Brillouin scattering technology, VIAVI BOTDR module measures the temperature and strain along an optical fiber cable. Forget heavy devices and generators … the BOTDR module can be set up in portable platform (T-BERD®/MTS-8000) for cable commissioning and routine auditing or in rackable platform (OTU-8000) for permanent monitoring through the most widely deployed fiber monitoring system, the ONMSi.
- BOTDR solution (Brillouin OTDR)
- Temperature and strain threshold monitoring
- Decorrelation of temperature and strain
- Multi-port measurements
- Low power consumption – rackable version
- Connected product (Bluetooth, WiFi, and remote control operation with Smart Access Anywhere (SAA)
- Battery operated – portable versio
- Cost-effective, 3 years standard warranty and global support included
- Simultaneaous temperature and strain measurement requiring only one fiber
- Single-ended solution
- Portable and Rackable form factors
- Portable: Compact, modular, lightweight, and battery operated (no generators needed)
- Rackable: Fully compatible with VIAVI Fiber Monitoring solution (ONMSi)