Visual Fault Locators
Optical Fiber Damage/Break Locator
VIAVI Solutions offers two unique versions of the VFL that are economically priced and ergonomically designed for comfortable handling and portability.
Both versions are equipped with a 2.5 mm interface and are compatible with connectors such as SC, ST, and FC, while the included 1.25 mm adapter enables connection to LC and MU connectors. The VFL emits a visible red light, making the light escaping from the damaged fiber easily visible from a distance.
The Continuous/Flash control button lets operators choose between continuous or flashing illumination.
- Compact, ergonomic design for
ultimate portabilityCompact, ergonomic design for
- Visible wavelength is 650 nm
- Low and high powered versions (1 mW and
5 mW) for single-mode and multimode fibers
- Continuous or Flash illumination
- Universal connector interface for quick and easy connection
- 2.5 mm connector input and 1.25 mm adapter
- Includes soft-sided carrying case with belt loopIncludes soft-sided carrying case with belt loop
- Quickly and easily locate damage in optical fiber
- Continuous and Flashing illumination modes
- Economically priced
- Ruggedized and designed for demanding field use
- Long-lasting battery life